Sunday, February 26, 2012

Serendipity

Me: (Walking down 48th street, it's a bright, sunny Day. I'm covered in sweat from the gym, have wet laundry on my arm, I'm thinking about potential apartments I want to move in to...

Hello!

Oh, he just walked past. He had nice eyes.)

Him: (From behind me) Stony Brook?

Me: (Turning around. Did he just call me or did I imagine that?)

Him: Did you go to Stony Brook?

Me: Yeah...

Him: Hey! I thought I recognized you! We worked at Staller together!

Me: (What the Fuck? I don't remember... oh wait. He does look familiar! And he's got really nice eyes!) Oh! Hey! That's riiiiight! Good to see you, youuuuu...

Him: I'm Serendipity! (Obviously not his name.)

Me: Hi Serendipity! I'm Natalie! You live in this neighborhood?

Him: Yeah, I live right here. (points to building right next to my building)

Me: Woah! I live right there!

Him: Really?

Me: How long have you been here?

Him: Year and a half.

Me: (!?!?!?!) Me too! (Why have I not seen a cutie like yourself before?!) Do you ever go to the cafe up the block?

Him: All the time!

Me: (well, the fates decided that I needed to meet you, and you decided to talk to me, and so:) We should go sometime and catch up! grab a coffee or something?

Him: Sure! Here's my number.

Me: (Could this be any sweeter?) Here's mine.

Him: Great! So I'll see you around! I'm off to go to work helping coach kids in Harlem and being generally a badass.

Me: Wow. Ok, See ya! Shoot me a text 'er something.

Him: Great! Bye!

Me: (turning around. I'm holding my breath so I don't laugh out loud. What are the odds that that should happen? I need a shower. And the best part is the next time I see him I can only look even better.)

What a week it's been.



No comments:

Post a Comment