Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A New York State of Mind

I'm free for these twenty minutes on these three days this month, but you'll have to check with me on the day of, because I always double book and I may have something more important going on than hanging with you, so I may cancel, and therefore it is important for you to double book your dates as well so that you're not left without any plans if our plans fall through. Follow?

Holy crap. We need to find a time to get several of us together!? As in, more than three New Yorkers are going to attempt the all-but-impossible task of balancing our precious hours between work, sleep, eating, commuting, and pooping in order to collectively meet up and rehearse. Good. God. It's totally understandable if everyone can't be there. In fact, we need to plan on the fact that people will miss this time set aside, so it's ok if you can't be there all the time. I won't be there all the time either. Why? because I have so many important things to do in my life! Who doesn't in this city!?

Friends? What friends? I just have names in a phone that pop up when I get a text.

Heyyy! I haven't seen you in Forever! How have you been? I've been super duper busy. Just, busy busy busy alllll the time. Oh, gosh, it's like I don't even have time to breathe, you know? Yeah! Let's hang! I'm free for 15 minute next tuesday between this bull-shit thing and this other crap thing I have to do. So, let's meet then? Great. I won't call you and maybe we'll both collectively forget that we made that plan and then not see each other and then at the next big party we can make plans to not see each other again! 'k bye! I love you, too, bestie!

I'm BORED! Oh man, there is nothing to do in this stupid city. I could call so-and-so, but I don't want to. I could go to such-and-such, but I don't have the time, really. I have a whole lot of this of crap I haven't done yet because I've been too busy. But, because I've been so busy I just need this time to myself. And I can't relax because it's so weird to have nothing to do... I should call up my friend, but instead, I'll phone that dude I met recently.


Hey, Dude I met recently! I'm free whenever! Text me any time! I'm just twiddling my thumbs over here. I'm one of those rare people who is involved with everything, but, like, has time for everything, you know? It's cause I'm so laid back.







No comments:

Post a Comment