Friday, November 30, 2012

Positivity

I think the official "End of the Year" starts December 1st. It's when the christmas countdown begins, it's the last month of the year, it's a time of short nights, the first day of winter, parties, spending, visiting, vacationing and depression. December is a month of reflection, it's a time when I take a few weeks and look back on what I accomplished (or didn't) over the course of the past 11 months and wonder about what the next 12 months will bring.

I was challenged to write positive posts in my blog for the next 30 days. I was challenged to write about something that makes me happy, something that gives me hope, can bring joy to others, maybe inform them of something good for the month of December. I know that the Holidays can be stressful for some and happy for others, but I do believe that this time of year is one that makes everyone think a little bit more about goals and the important things around them more than any other time of year. So, why not focus on the positive?

I'm trying to figure out how to best approach my 30-day positivity-fest. I don't think of myself as a glass-half-empty person and I try not to stay in a negative space for any longer than I need to. I'm also not a fan of the "Everything's Great All The Time!" people and they tend to make me feel like an asshole every time I don't feel great. Hmm... Challenge, indeed.

So, reader: this next month is for you. I will try to focus my posts on 5 Things I Am Grateful For, and then elaborate on that. Sometimes being grateful for a thing that is not positive for the greater good, is, well, a personal choice. But, just being aware of how lucky one truly is, is important to note, like: everyone reading this post now probably has access to electricity, knows when their next meal will be and is even literate enough to be reading this post to begin with: that's all stuff to be thankful for, no? Yay Positivity!

Goodbye November; Hello December.

No comments:

Post a Comment